Nigeria Youth4Peace Awards is an annual event designed to reward, celebrate and showcase young people who are making exceptional efforts to conflict prevention, peacebuilding and sustainable development across Nigeria in commemoration of the adoption of the United Nations Security Council Resolution 2250, the first UN resolution on Youth, Peace and Security. This historic global policy framework adopted in December 2015, explores how conflict impacts young people’s lives and what must be done to mitigate its effects. It specifically calls for the recognition of young people as critical stakeholders in peace processes.
In commemoration of the 5th anniversary of the United Nations Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security, Building Blocks for Peace Foundation, West Africa Network for Peacebuilding- Nigeria in collaboration with Sanctuary of Hope Foundation and other peacebuilding partners shall be recognizing and rewarding 2 Outstanding Young Peacebuilders/Organizations who are exceptional in the year 2020.
- Must be a Nigerian or in the case of Non-Nigerians, their activities must be on Nigeria soil
- 18-35 years.
- Working on conflict prevention, peacebuilding and sustainable development
- Active and implemented peace related projects in 2020
- Previous winners (2018 and 2019) are exempted.
- Submission of entries will be open from September 25 to November 6, 2020.
- Every applicant is expected to apply through the online application form here: https://bit.ly/2ElhUvr
- Applications through other means are not acceptable
Review of Application:
Four finalists from the most outstanding applications will be contacted on or before November 19, 2020 based on recommendations from the awards committee and interviewed if necessary.
1.Seed grant of $150
3.Technical guidance for 12 months
Presentation of Award to Recipients-
The awards shall be presented to 2 most Outstanding Young Peacebuilders at the 2020 Nigeria Youth 4 Peace Forum Ceremony slated for December 9, 2020 in Abuja.
For more enquiry and partnership, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org