Building Blocks for Peace Foundation is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation working on Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding, Prevention of Violent Extremism, Accountability Governance and Sustainable Development in Nigeria. The organization is duly incorporated with the Corporate Affairs Commission in Nigeria since 2017.
We are currently looking for a Finance Intern to support the financial management of our organisation by administering accounting operations to meet internal and donor requirements. The ideal candidate should be familiar with audits, invoices and budget preparations. He/She must demonstrate interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Candidates should also have excellent organisational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
- Plans, directs, and controls accounting and financial operations.
- Prepares reports and documents covering accounting transactions for management review.
- Ensures that accurate records are kept by standard practices.
- Prepare balance sheets and process invoice
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Reconcile bank statements
- Participate in financial audits
- Track bank deposits and payments
- Assist with budget preparation
- Review and implement financial policies
- Must be resident in the Federal Capital Territory (Abuja)
- Possess at least BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Graduated within the last four years
- Less than 35 years of age
- Professional qualifications such as ICAN is considered a plus
- NYSC members looking for placement are encouraged to apply.
- Available to work part time or full time with immediate effect.
- Interest in Peacebuilding is desirable.
This is typically an unpaid position. However, the ideal candidate will be provided stipends to cover their logistics.
Send your CV and a One Page Cover Letter to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Finance Intern’ .
This application is open until 6th February 2023.